Rim of the World Unified School District empowers our students with the tools, skills and confidence that they will need to continue as life-long learners and to take advantage of the opportunities of the future.
The Rim of the World Unified Governing Board of Trustees are residents and taxpayers in our community. Individuals seeking to become a Trustee of the Board must be registered to vote within the area boundaries of Rim of the World Unified School District and reside in their area of appointment.
The Governing Board of Trustees functions as a goal setting, policy making and evaluating body. The Board has complete jurisdiction over the District, its programs, employees, pupils, building sites and equipment.
Board Mission Statement
Rim of the World Unified School District ensures that all students are college, career and community ready, inspired to succeed to make positive contributions to our world.
Board Vision Statement
Rim of the World Unified School District and our mountain community are dedicated to ensuring each student achieves academic and individual excellence by engaging all students in meaningful programs which meet the highest educational and ethical standards within a caring, collaborative learning environment, becoming lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and responsible citizens.
- Collaboration: to work towards common goals through the sharing of our responsibilities, amongst expertise and all stakeholder groups.
- Personal and Collective Accountability: To honor obligations and take ownership of our actions and results.
- Integrity: To demonstrate honesty, trustworthiness, and strong moral principles.
- Equity: To ensure students and stakeholders receive fair treatment and that students have access to educational opportunities according to their unique needs.
- Caring and Compassion: To treat others with empathy and genuine concern for their well-being and to display mutual respect and support of others.