Welcome to the RHS Music Program
Statement of Purpose
The Rim of the World High School Music Program is dedicated to providing outstanding musical experiences and opportunities to its students while helping them grow into responsible, mature adults. The program stresses the advancement of the student’s abilities to function in the large ensemble setting and individual performance. Music offers a unique opportunity to challenge each student cognitively, affectively, and physically. It provides for emotional expression, intrinsic worth, and has a positive impact on individuals, families, communities, and cultures.
To make these experiences successful, we require discipline, organization, and commitment to the program. Being a part of the Music Program should be seen as an honor and students will be expected to help serve as role models for the school and other organizations within it. As a result of our high expectations, discipline, leadership, and social opportunities, the students have the opportunity to develop valuable life skills such as a positive self‐image, time management skills, confidence, poise, responsibility, and loyalty as well as the musical abilities needed to be a successful musician.
Understand Music and its Importance
- To provide a comprehensive knowledge of music through the performance, creation, and promotion of music.
- To provide an environment that promotes and encourages life‐long learning and personal as well as professional growth.
- To create an environment that provides all students with a sense of community and loyalty to an organization bigger than themselves.
- To provide an opportunity for students to develop as disciplined, organized, and mature adults.
- To allow students to express themselves in a different, creative manner through the means of music.
(909) 336-2038 Ext. 115
My name is Kari Stebbing, and I am the Music Director at Rim of the World High School.
As a graduate of Rim of the World, Class of 2010, I am delighted to be able to continue to see the program grow and develop. I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music and a Master of Arts in Education: Learning and Teaching from the University of Redlands, CA.
My main instrument is the Alto Saxophone, while I dabble in all of the woodwinds. I am also a singer in the Mezzo-Soprano range.
I am excited to share my passion of music with you all, and look forward to the music we will be making together as a community.