Welcome to Transportation
Welcome to the Transportation Department Webpage!
Please use the links to the left of the screen for resources pertaining to our department.
The Rim of The World Unified School District Transportation Department provides complete transportation for the communities of Running Springs, Arrowbear, Green Valley Lake, Lake Arrowhead, Twin Peaks, Crestline, and Cedarpines Park with elevations ranging from 4,000-7.300 feet. We drive over 230,000 miles a year, safely transporting our students to school and extracurricular activities. The District owns and operates 22 clean-burning CNG buses, which replaced older diesel buses. The Transportation Department has a complete CNG fueling station on-site to fuel our buses. We employ 1 Transportation Supervisor, 16 bus drivers, 1 Dispatcher, and 3 mechanics who service our buses and white fleet for the district. Every bus driver receives mandatory training and is required to demonstrate proficiency annually to ensure the safe operation and transportation of our students and staff.
Transportation Department Mission Statement
The Transportation Department makes it a priority to support the academic achievement of our students by providing safe operation of school transportation services. We provide dependable, efficient, and cost-effective transportation in response to the needs of students, staff, and the community while focusing on delivering outstanding customer service.
Bus Stop Reminders:
- Please show up at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the leave time posted
- If no parent is present to receive a kindergarten student or a student who doesn’t walk home, the student will be returned to school. The second time the student will receive a warning conduct report.
- If a student is getting off the bus somewhere other than their normal bus stop, a note needs to be provided to your child’s school's office. Bus drivers cannot accept written notes.
- Wednesdays are the minimum days for all schools. See bus routes online
Dispatch Phone Hours: 6:00 am - 10:00 am
12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Outside of hours, you can leave a message or email dispatch @ firstname.lastname@example.org
2023-2024 Bus Pass/Transportation Update:
FREE BUS PASSES - PICK-UP DAYS
- For the safety of our students and staff, bus passes are mandatory for riding the school bus. Students will be denied transportation if they show up without any identification (bus pass). Students MUST reserve a seat by obtaining a free bus pass before the first day of school.
- There will be no charge for bus passes this school year due to the current situation.
- Single-ride tickets will NOT be available at the school sites. All bus riders must obtain a free bus pass.
- Parents/ guardians are encouraged to submit their Bus Pass applications by mail, email, or Dropbox unless planning to attend the in-person bus pass pick-up days in August.
Please see the Bus Pass Office tab for additional information.
BUS PASS INFORMATION